Friday, November 4, 2011

"TWIX or Treat, Smell my Feet"

Halloween was a lot of fun around here this year. The festivities began with a party at Jonah's Halloween school on Friday night. Then Saturday morning was the final Market day in our town, so we "Trick-or-Treated" there. Sunday we went to Grandma and Papa's to celebrate Papa's birthday. Monday was Jonah's preschool Halloween Party (in which I am a Room Mom for), then Trick-or-Treating.

DSC00883
I found out after a few houses, Lily was saying "Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet"!

Sounds exhausting right? Well, it was!

And frankly, I'm not real fond of Halloween, and besides dealing with older kids is costumes that creep out my little ones, I am leery of the whole "taking candy from strangers" thing.  Thankfully, we live in a really great neighborhood, and know lots of our neighbors, so I don't feel like my kids will be faced with the issues of dangerous treats from unknown sources. I have learned over time though, to be leary of loose wrappers or unfamiliar candies, and "When in doubt, throw it out."


This year, I was given the opportunity to be the cool house on the block by handing out full size TWIX Bars to the little costumed cuties in our area. I was sent a box full of TWIX, along with an adult sized TWIX bar costume. My husband was a good sport and wore it while handing out candy, and I'll be honest, he got more comments on his costume than the kids did.

DSC00901

The awesome thing about TWIX is it is one of mine AND my husbands favorite candy bars! And he RARELY eats chocolate! (According to a fun survey TWIX performed) Did you know that when it comes to treats, women prefer something chewy and men prefer something crunchy? Perfect date night treat if you ask me!

Also, TWIX is factory-wrapped (I know, many candies are) so no worries about dangerous candies.

We certainly were the cool house on the block. I loved hearing the kids say "Look what I got!" and "I got a HUGE TWIX!" as they walked away. The older kids were certainly the most impressed, but I'm sure the parents of the younger kids were excited too. I know I would be if the tables were turned!

Thanks to TWIX for making our Trick-or-Treater's happy with an extra special treat!

No comments: