Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LeapFrog "Learn, Create, & Share"

We have been fans of Leapfrog for as long as I can remember. Toys like the Alphabet Pal Caterpillar, the Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set, and the Baby Counting Pal Plush have all made their way through our house over the years. We also still frequently (DAILY) watch the LeapFrog DVD's (The Letter Factory, Match Circus, Numbers Ahoy, Math Adventures to the Moon, Let's Go to School, & Sing & Learn with Us!) and I can confidentially say that those DVD's are what have taught my 2 year old daughter Lily ALL of the alphabet, both upper and lower cases, and the sound to EVERY letter. Truthfully, there is no other toy company or brand that I trust more with parts of my kids education than LeapFrog.


So when I was invited to throw a "LeapFrog Learn, Create, & Share" party, how could I possibly say "No"? Being able to share some of the newest Leapfrog toys and games with my children's friends sounds like a normal day around here, so once our party package arrived, we were armed and ready to PLAY!

Included in our party package was:

1. LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer learning tablet
2.  LeapSchool Reading Cartridge game
3. LeapFrog App Center Download Card
4. Tag Reading System
5. Interactive World Map
6. Learn to Read Series 1: Short Vowels
7. Leapfrog Coloring Sheets and Activities
8. Loads of paperwork including fact sheets and coupons and award certificates for the kids!


I have to admit, I have been eyeing the LeapPad Explorer ever since it was released. I knew it was a toy that Jonah would love, and since it's all GAMES, he thinks he is playing, but really he is playing AND learning! And an added bonus? The LeapFrog Explorer games and LeapPad games are interchangeable, such a smart idea LeapFrog!!


Lily also loves the Interactive World Map. The pictures are bright and colorful, and by simply placing the pen on the pictures and words, it "tells" her what she is looking it. It is SO MUCH FUN to lay out on the floor and play this with her.

The kids were all enthralled by the LeapPad Explorer, it was the hit of the night! One kid would play, and the other would watch. So cute!


And the coloring pages came in handy too. Because Jonah was able to recognize the characters from the LeapPad Explorer games on the paper. And Lily was so excited to see Leap and Lily from the Math Adventures to the Moon DVD she loves so much! So great to see their brain's working like that!


The Mom's were happy to receive the coupons to use on future purchases of LeapFrog games and books. Christmas is coming, so I am sure they will be put to good use, I know ours will!


Full Disclosure: I was sent a party package full of LeapFrog products to share with my kids and their friends courtesy of LeapFrog and Mom Select. Regardless of products provided or compensation on any and all reviews found on Mommy Instincts, I will always give my honest and truthful opinion.







No comments: