Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just Write ~ I Try

I try to find the beauty and wonderment in daily life.
I try to find the goodness in a day, even when the kids don't nap, they fight constantly, and nothing ever seems to go right.
I try to give grace to the PR person who sends me an email addressed to "Laura" or "Stacy".
I try to be okay with an overly tired husband, even when he's snippy and short with me.
I try to be content with everything we have and not dwell on everything we want.
I try to be grateful for the few moments for blue sky, in a week's worth of drear and cloudiness.
I try to say yes to play dates and girls nights, without feeling guilty for leaving my family at home.
I try to applaud the hard work and long hours of my husbands job, even though it limits how much he is at home with his family.
I try to appreciate the interactions between the kids, no matter how loud and messy they are.
I try to answer questions that show Jonah's intellect, even if I don't know the answers.
I try to write the words I feel in my heart.
I try to be the best me that I can be.
I try to do it all.

At least I try.


~linking up to this weeks "Just Write"~

5 comments:

NLS 1993 said...

That's all we can do, right? And it's a lot. So we need to give ourselves a lot of kindness.

Thank you for Just Writing :)

Galit Breen said...

Yes, this. I try, too.

It {almost always} feels good to try.

Cleverly, and thoughtfully, done!

Sarah said...

I think trying is enough.
And then you just have to let it go and trust that it is and God will pour himself in and around the cracks.

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

I agree with Heather, sometimes that's all we can do. And it's half the battle!

sheena@sophistishe.com said...

The best thing you can do is "show up" no matter what you're feeling or the circumstance :).