Monday, November 24, 2008

Sore Bottom Boy

I think I have been pretty lucky. In the 20 months my little guy has been with us, I am able to count on one hand how many serious illnesses we have had to tackle. He has never had the flu, has only REALLY thrown up twice in his whole life, and on one rare occassion, and only for a few hours, has had a temp of over 102. I know, I know...knock on wood right? Because I am bound to be hit with something, sometime...maybe soon, maybe later, but something big. I mean, we have never even had to take him to the ER, ever!
Don't worry, I'm not gonna say that all that has changed, because it hasn't. But we are now in the midst of the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. Yesterday morning, shortly before I was getting ready to walk out the door to head to work, the boy had a really bad poopy diaper (sorry if this is TMI!), essentially, totally diarrhea. Nothing totally new, he has had loose stools before, so I wasn't too shocked. Well, a few hours in to work, the hubby calls and says he has continued to have these kinds of poopy diapers and has now developed a diaper rash. A pretty bad one. So I remind him to use the Arbonne Diaper Rash Cream and try using a warm washcloth instead of baby wipes. He obliged, and I told him I'd stop at the store for some Pedialyte, just in case.
Good thing I did, because last night was "one of those nights". The boy was up, with the same poopy diapers every 2-3 hours or so. He of course, was sleeping in bed with us, so I "heard" him before he even woke up. About 4-5 times last night we were up, with a seriously unhappy teary -eyed boy and a really sore baby butt. It was so bad, I decided that maybe some Tylenol would help ease some of the pain. We were all up on and off the entire night, with many episodes of Barney, sippy cups full of Pedialyte, and many changed diapers. Nothing was working, not even the Arbonne, which has ALWAYS WORKED!
Today seems to be a bit better, the frequency is less, but the rash is just the same. I think we are going to do a baking soda bath when he gets up from his nap, and let him run around naked (which is taking our lives in to our own hands...) to try and fix this problem we have, and hopefully, shortly, I will be able to report that we beat it, and all is well.
Until then, we love a little more, hug a little more, play a little more, and just plain do whatever the little guy wants to keep his spirits up.

post signature


It's a Beautiful Ride said...

I hope he feels better and you get some much needed rest!

Erin said...

I'm glad it's starting to get better!!