Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Supergoop : Every Day Sun Protection for Everyone

We are all soaking up (or cursing at) this cooler Midwest weather, enjoying the drop in temp's (but not the increase in major allergy symptoms, but that is a whole other story!) and thinking about Fall. The sweaters, the hot apple cider, the pumpkins. And what falls from our mind is sun protection! But really, it shouldn't. Sun protection is something we need to have fresh on our minds, if not for ourselves, but for our kids. And especially with this intense heat we have had this summer, we weren't outside all that often. This drop in temp with surely mean the kids will be spending more time outdoors, and therefore need to be protected. I blogged last month about The Vision Council, and the importance of protecting your and your kids eyes from sun damage, and now I want to talk to you about my favorite company who makes sun protection for the skin, Supergoop.

I actually have been a huge Supergoop fan for years, so I am really excited to share with you the variety of products they offer for you AND the kids.

We all need a basic sun protection EVERY DAY! It doesn't matter if it is cloudy or sunny, rainy or windy, cold or hot. Supergoop prides themselves on providing superior broad spectrum UV protection,   anti-aging benefits, and anti-oxidant infused products that you will certainly LOVE. I was sent a small collection of items to try out and I wanted to share them here with you.

1. SPF 30+ Everyday UV Lotion for Face & Body



This product is something I have found myself using on a daily basis since I received it.  I love to use this on my kids (and myself) when we will be outside for an extended period of time, especially between the hours of 10am-2pm. Now, I know that there are differing opinions on how much, if any, sun exposure is safe, or even beneficial. I believe we all need a little bit of sunlight hitting our skin every day in order to soak up some much needed Vitamin D. The health benefits of Vitamin D are astounding, but yes, the damage from the sun is also extremely prevalent. i suggest doing your research and forming your own opinion on when, how, and how much sun you are comfortable with.

2. SPF 30 UVA/UVB Sunstick

The Sunstick is great and compact. It travels well and is small enough to keep in your bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day. It is also nice to get the top of the kids ears and back of their necks when they start to look at little red. It goes on smooth and is just plain cute!

3. City Sunscreen Serum

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It has honestly become a staple in my make-up bag and plays a major role in my morning routine. I love it because it provides consistent protection on the place I want to avoid visual aging the very most! It has light moisturizers in it as well, making it dual purpose! This way I don't have to worry about two separate products; one to moisturize and one to protect. This is like liquid gold!

4. SPF 20 Gradual Self-Tanning Sunscreen Mousse

Now, I am not a big fan of self-tanners, but I am also not a big fan of tanning beds either. So if I am in need of a little "glow", I don't run to the nearest tanning salon, I will instead pick up my bottle of Supergoop Self-Tanning Mousse. And trust me, I was skeptical at first. I certainly did not want to turn out orange, or have streaks and patchy skin. The beauty of this product is that it goes on light and gives a slight glow, which I love. But the coolest thing is....I can protect my skin from the sun, without keeping this pale while skin I have. It's a dual use product, it's a win-win!

Supergoop is also an amazing advocate for children's sun safety in our schools nation-wide. Come back tomorrow, when I am going to talk about Project Backpack, Supergoop's initiative to change state and local policies when it comes to sunscreen use in the schools.

~I was sent Supergoop product's for free directly from the company to try on myself and my kids. All opinions and thoughts expressed here are solely my own~

No comments: