Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Hope You Dance

I never thought I'd be that typical mother. The one who cries at everything and wants nothing more than to kiss the sweet cheeks of my children at any given moment. The tough lady that I was before kids slowly drifted away, and has been replaced with a soft-hearted mama who can't imagine life any different than it is right now.

Jonah graduated preschool this week. I knows its cliche, but it seems like only yesterday I was dropping him off for the first time, crying as I took his "First Day of Preschool" picture outside of the school.

First Day of Preschool 2011-2012

To now....his LAST day of Preschool picture.....

Last Day of Preschool 2011-2012
Over the course of the school year Jonah has learned so much and grown tremendously. His social skills and confidence flourished. He now stands with pride and the word "shy" isn't even in his vocabulary any more. His educational skills are outstanding, he couldn't even write his name last fall. Now he is writing EVERYTHING, doing math problems and starting to read.

The wonderful teachers at his preschool played a slideshow at graduation of all of the pictures they had taken over the school year (and played the song 'I Hope You Dance" along with it.. I couldn't get over how as each picture came up, the kids would yell out that child's name and giggle. The fact that 18 kids can come together and create that kids of a bond together is amazing. They don't have any hate or ill-will toward one another ,they except each other for exactly how they are, and genuinely care for each other. If you can't tell, I've spent some extra time at the school now and again, and I have grown to care for these kids too. Jonah became great friends with so many of them, and is lucky enough to continue on to kindergarten with 2 of the kids from his class (our town has 5 elementary schools, so the whole class is spread all over when it comes to kindergarten.

It was an emotional day when he graduated, as I now know won't be the first, or the last emotional day when it comes to school and my kids.


No comments: