Sunday, August 7, 2011

Marie Callender's #under500 Meals "Proper Portions"



The two foods that I absolutely, always overindulge myself on are Sweet & Sour Chicken from our local chinese restaurant, and cheese sticks from Papa John's Pizza. When it comes to our favorite foods, we all have our weaknesses, right?

And the kids could easily overindulge on all of the foods that aren't so good for them, too. Teaching proper portion control at a young age is so important. You know as well as I do, habits are very easy to form, but very hard to break. If we can teach kids good eating habits while they are young and we as parents are in more control of what they eat, it could hopefully help them make better nutritional decisions when they are older and we don't always know what they have at any given meal.

And speaking about portions, that's one of the awesome things about Marie Callender's #under500 Meals, the portions are perfect! And when I say perfect, I certainly don't mean that these meals are teeny-tiny portions, just so they can keep under 500 calories! The meal I tried out this week was the Three Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni & Chicken and the meal certainly didn't skimp, it filled up a nice sized bowl, as well as my belly!


This being the second week I've gotten to try a Marie Callender's #under500 meal, I am yet again shocked at how yummy and filling the meal is. And it smelled delicious too!

Don't forget, you can learn more about Marie Callender's #under500 Meals and even print yourself a coupon on their website!

Full Disclosure: I am working with Marie Callender's and The Motherhood on this project and am receiving a stipend for my review of the products. As always, you can rest assured you will always get a true and honest description of my experiences while reviewing this product, regardless of compensation or products provided. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email.

No comments: