Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

I'm not sure how to feel about this snow storm that has just begun here in the midwest. The skies are glooming darker and darker. The snow sounds sharp and crisp as it glides along my window pane. The world is dead outside, nothing is moving on it's own accord. The wind shifts from north to south to east to west and all over again as fast as you can blink your eyes. Some find beauty in it. I find sadness and stillness and feel as though a lead blanket tucks in around us.

This certainly does nothing for my seasonal depression and anxiety (because nothing spells fun-times-snowed-in-at-home-with-the-fam like worrying about if our electricity with withstand the snowpocalypse of the century).

I'd love to go hide under the covers and watch movies and eat chocolate, but i have a family to make dinner for, loads and loads of laundry, and a house to clean up.

Nothing stops a mama.

Not even a little snow.

No comments: