Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Potty Training Bootcamp Day 3

So, day 3 was spent in pull-up's all day. I got plenty of advice, tips, and feedback from people, one being "Pull-up's caused a huge delay" (that was from my step-sister, talking about her daughter). I thought, no, no, no...this is the right decision. I know my kid, it's ok.

Isn't it funny how as parents, one minute we think we've got a grip on the situation and everything is great and we know exactly what we need to do to make it all work out  right? And then, not 10 minutes later, all that is tossed aside and a new plan comes in to play and it's like starting all over again?

Yeah, that's what potty-training has done to me. Made me doubt every decision and second guess every action. Wondering if "this" is right, or "that" is right. Frankly, right now, I am feeling like nothing is right. And I know millions of parents before me have fought this battle, and I am completely envious of those parents who's kid's just "got it" from the start. I know each kids does everything in their own time, it's just tough sometimes to accept that.

We spent Day 3 in underpants, and as the day progressed he got it more and more. He was still having "accidents", but not as "messy" and he even was getting to the point where he was telling me he had to go (but this was really after he already went). I feel confident he is progressing, but it seems with Jonah this is just going to take time.

Lots and lots of time.

No comments: