Friday, September 3, 2010

and the beat goes on....


The beat goes on, the beat goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da
~Sonny & Cher~


Sigh. The potty training continues. Not much to be said about it. It's happening. S L O W L Y.

Today is a gorgeous day in northwest indiana. There is a breeze and the sun is shining and  have the windows open. I love having the windows open. It is refreshing and exhilarating.

There is a long weekend upon us. And for most of you that seems great. For me it seems.....

loooooooooooooooong.

Todd has obligations out of the house today (that isn't work), tomorrow, and Sunday we are supposed to hang out with the fam at an outdoor concert, and Monday is the very first real day of "homeschool preschool" at our house (Which I anticipate will be chaotic). All the while dealing with the ongoing potty issue that is literally tearing me in two. It is a battle of the will's between Jonah and I, I try not to give in, but I do, and I hate myself for it. I know I need to stick to my guns and be consistent. Not pushing, my holding him responsible. It is nearly a blessing that Todd won't be home, because I think this potty training goes the best when it is just me, him, and lily at home. Well, I think it would be ideal if it were just me and Jonah, but Lily is here, no matter what Jonah might prefer right now.  And I'm really wanting to continue with our normal lives, but it's kinda on hold right now while we are on this adventure with the potty.

oh, and i took pictures today of random things outside. i am creating a photo scavenger hunt for the kids. i will certainly blog about it once we do it! Hoping to do it tomorrow!

La de da de de, la de da de da

No comments: