Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BLOGHER'10 ~ How I am Getting to BlogHer

By airplane, silly!

That's not really what I meant. I'm just trying to be funny. And you know what, a lot of the time, i AM really funny. Hopefully, some of you amazing ladies will get a chance to see that side of me this weekend in NYC.

I feel like I am WAY more laid back about BlogHer this year. I think it comes with the territory of not being a Newbie. Last year, I had no idea what to expect, and I had baby girl with me, so I had an instant conversation starter! I mean, who could NOT want to talk to this smiling face? (and I'm not talking about MINE!)


I loved having her with me, and it truly was a pretty monumental occasion for us. And I admit, leaving her home this year is probably the hardest part of this whole thing. It's not the planning or the shopping or even leaving my son (he's got daddy, so he's a happy camper!), it's leaving her. She has become such a huge part of me and who I have become this last year. Our relationship is so different than it was last year, and BlogHer'09 was a huge part of the inseparable relationship we have today.

But this year will be different. BlogHer isn't in my own backyard. It is a new and exciting city that I have never been to (New York City), I have many more commitments this year, I know a lot more people, and I won't have Lily, so I will actually have to talk to people on my OWN! Not to mention, it was all made possible by a pretty amazing sponsor!

Thanks to my sponsorship from iResq, I am able to attend BlogHer10. Not only am I going to be there representing MYSELF, I will also be there representing them. And I couldn't think of any other company that I feel more suitable sharing with all of you.

You see, I'm kinda klutzy.  And unorganized. And frazzled. 

I want to say, "That's the life of being a mother of two kids under 4." but, I know I can't make a unanimous statement like that, so I will just stick with, "FOR ME, ever since I had kids, my mind has been mush."

So I tend to misplace things. Lose things. Drops things. Break things. Adding in my love for my iPhone and a toddler who constantly takes off the case, you can see WHY iResq and I have the relationship we have.

Here's the funny (okay, funny for you, klutzy for me) part:

The screen on my iPhone has been shattered THREE times in the past SIX MONTHS!

So iResq and I have become pretty good friends. And I trust them completely with my phone.

So when it came time to attempting to find a sponsor for BlogHer'10 (because I knew I could not afford a trip to NYC all on my own), I began emailing companies to see if they were interested. I got MANY No's. MANY. But I truly believe, all of those "No's" helped me tweak myself and MY pitch into what it is iResq and I finally agreed on. You see, I think I finally found the secret.  So many people send out "blind pitch's", in hopes that a company they have never worked with would be willing to take a chance on them. In most cases (and I say most, because I am sure SOME people were lucky enough to find companies like that), that's not going to work. You have to look at it from there point of view. It is a huge risk, even for a company you DO know and have previously worked with. It's all business. And some companies have the wiggle room to take a chance, and some don't. It's hard to not take the "No's" personally, especially when it's a company you KNOW you  are a good fit for. But it's not personal. You just have to find the "perfect" company that fits you like a glove. And iResq is that to me, they fit me like a glove, a glove with my iphone in my hand of course. 

iResq took a chance on me, and I am positive I will represent them well. I have NUMEROUS first hand experiences with their company and services, I am an avid Apple product enthusiast, and I feel honored they accepted the risk in sponsoring me. Even though it wasn't personal when those other companies told me "No", it WAS personal when iResq said "Yes".

No comments: