Monday, June 21, 2010

Sex in the City 2 Soundtrack Review

Speaking of music,  I wanted to mention one of the latest CD's my kids and I have been rocking out and chilling out to lately.  You see, I can only tolerate "kiddie music" in very short spurts, so when it comes to getting me to rock out with them, it takes more than a pop version of "Wheels on the Bus" to get my hips shakin'.

I recently received a review copy of the new Sex in the City 2 soundtrack.  To be honest, I never watched Sex in the City, even the movies, but I knew that the SITC peeps are always on the up and up when it comes to just about everything hip and trendy, so why would the music be any different right?

A few of the songs the kids seem to really like are "Single Ladies", the Liza Minnelli version and the opening track, Rapture by Alicia Keys.  The rest of the songs are a little slower, so are more suited for our lazy days playing games or when I try to recruit them to clean the bathrooms with me.

I'm not sure if I would have purchased this album myself. The songs are a little too slow and laid back for me. But when I envision the Sex in the City 2 movie and recall some of the scenes I saw in the trailers, then these songs definitely fit the bill.  And if you like the movie, then I am sure you'd love the CD too.

Full Disclosure: A review copy of the Sex in the City 2 soundtrack was sent to me by One to One Network. As always, all opinions and views on Mommy Instincts are my very own and are in no way swayed by the fact that a complimentary product was sent to me.

No comments: