Saturday, June 19, 2010

Music I Love

I feel as though a person's taste in music can very well be the most important opening in order to peek into their soul.  Music has forever and ever been an integral part of my life for as long as I can remember. In the angst of my adolescent years music soothed my broken heart over and over.  It put words to emotions I didn't know how to express. It filled a void in my own soul, and molded me into the person I am today. Music is so much more than melodies and harmonies. It is an answer to prayer and it is something that can give you hope when all has been lost or help you express joy and happiness so much better than you personally ever could.

I find myself at the end of the day sitting at my computer, doing my various work I need to do.  I turn on my iTunes or Pandora, and let the music touch my heart over and over to the point I find my eyes drifting me off to sleep, yet I don't want to go to bed, because "just one more song...."

Here is a compiled list of some of my latest favorite artists and albums and songs.


Artist ~ Album Title ~ Favorite Song from the Album

Matt Nathanson ~ Beneath These Fireworks : "Suspended"

Matt Nathanson ~ Some Mad Hope : "Come On Get Higher"

Joshua Radin ~ Simple Times : "I'd Rather Be With You"

The Script ~ The Script "Breakeven"

Kris Allen ~ Kris Allen : "Heartless"

Guster ~ Parachute :"Mona Lisa"

Mat Kearney ~ City of Black & White : "Here We Go"

Mat Kearney ~ Nothing Left to Lose :"Nothing Left to Lose"

John Mayer ~ Battle Studios : "Heartbreak Warfare"

Jon McLaughlin ~ Indiana : "Beautiful Disaster"

What albums are scrolling through your iPod or CD player lately?

No comments: