Thursday, January 1, 2009

Second Baby, First Girl....HELP!

Today I am finally starting to feel the gears shift into for real "prep" mode. The hubby and his parents painted Lily's room and as much as I was so determind to not allow her to be too pinky-pink or girly-girl, the paint color ended up just that...pink. Her bedding set is a gorgeous pink and brown paisley that I am totally looking forward to piecing together later tonight, once the hubby puts the crib back together and arranges to the furniture back to it's proper places.

Not only is the room coming together, but after my shopping spree at Maddy & Max (and taking advantage of their amazing sale!), I have put all of her new clothing in the wash, and will be folding and hanging and arranging and placing and re-arranging and re-placing all of her clothes and important items over and over again (it's part of m nesting phase, nothing ever seems to be in the right place, even if I was the one to put it there!). I am making mental notes on what kinds of things I still need to get:

*newborn size socks
*girly boppy cover
*Arms Reach Original Co-Sleeper (If anyone has one of these they are looking to sell or let me borrow, please let me know! Thanks!)
*Kolcraft Options Tandem Stroller
*Combination Infant/Kid Size Hangers
*Nursing Cover
*Nursing Accessories (bras, tanks, shirts...anything else a nursing mom might need! I am open to suggestions and advice since this is my first nursing experience EVER!)
And I of course have an ongoing, ever changing, and growing list over on my Wishpot Expert Page!

If you can think of anything that I might need for my new little girl, please comment and let me know. Because I am going in to this totally blind, and any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

1 comment:

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Congrats on your little girl. Sounds like you have a great list going. I'm just a few days ahead of you in my pregnancy. Stop by my blog in February, I'm hosting a Bloggy Baby Shower with lots of giveaways!
http://3kidsandus.com