Monday, December 22, 2008

i'm feeling it and i know you are too...

I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. Christmas really isn't the time for relaxing and taking it easy, which is something I am certain I should be doing. With the serious sickness I went through last week and not to mention being almost 30 weeks pregnant, I have been feeling exhausted and overworked these last few weeks. I don't even want to mention that the sickness I had, has now moved on to the boy and hubby, sorry guys! ;-( Can you say Mommy Guilt??!!

I took on the task of making a lot of homemade gifts. I also have the feeling that everyone we give them to won't really see how much work went in to them. I don't really want to say what they are, because some of my family members read my blog, so I don't want to ruin the surprise. But let's just say I have been working on these projects for weeks, and they were time consuming. And there days, time is a precious commodity around here.

I find I can't even think straight a lot of the time. The only time I get any good quality me time is in the shower, and for some reason, my body has been waking me up around 5am every morning for the last few days. In a sense, I love it. The house is still quiet since the boys are still asleep. I am able to take a shower, get dressed, and even get some stuff done like dishes, laundry, and wrapping presents. The down side, I really pay for it later in the day, because I am in desperate need of a nap by noon, which hasn't been fully possible lately due to all of the things to be done and places to go.

But Christmas is tomorrow, all the hustle and bustle will be done soon. Then I just have to concentrate on taking care of myself and this little baby girl in my belly, because before I know it...our family of 3, will soon be a family of 4.

5 comments:

Lynette3boys said...

Jen your new look is beautiful! I love the freshness of it - good choice! Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you are able to relax and cherish every moment. It goes entirely too fast.

GeekMommy said...

((hug))

Holiday pressure is somewhat crazy at times - just remember to take as much time as you need to take care of you and your baby girl :)

((hug))

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a wonderfully relaxing Christmas. Love and miss you girl!

MJ Tam said...

It was crazy for me too... Still trying to recuperate and now here comes the NY parties...

jenscloset said...

I love your blog! I will tell you that being a Mom is the best thing in the world! My kids are 25, 17 and 15...and it goes by so quickly! Thank goodness my 25 yr old daughter is my best friend!