Monday, May 12, 2008

My Everyday Mama's Day

Yesterday I read many posts, emails (and even a text message) in celebration of Mother's Day. All were very sweet and thoughtful, and made me think about my own Mother's Day, and how this is only the second one I have celebrated as a Mother myself. The night before Mother's Day, I was sitting in the rocking chair in JM's room, with him laying in my arms, and all I could think of was that every day to me is Mother's Day. It doesn't take some fancy holiday to make me feel special and warm and fuzzy inside. When I look at my little boy and he looks at me with his gorgeous and amazing smile, that is a special day. When he is crying and crying and no one else can soothe him but me, that's my special day. And when I get the privelage of holding him in my arms, THAT is my Mother's Day.

As I look across the room, and see him pushing a placemat across the floor, wearing only a diaper I can't help but think that I am the luckiest mama in the world. It doesn't take cards and flowers and gifts to make me feel like his most favorite mama, it's those small things, the smiles, the laughs, the hugs that make my day fulfilled. Watching him grow and learn and discover new things is the only gift I will ever need.

Oh, and the spa gift certificate from the hubby wasn't half bad either.

post signature

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, a spa! How nice! Yes- Mother's Day is everyday. And just knowing that, realizing it, and treasuring it is gift enough!

Steph