Thursday, March 20, 2008

a bit better.


Last night was a bit better with our little guy. He slept a bit better. Cried a lot less. But coughed a lot more. I don't know if the medicine is helping, or if he is just getting better. I am SO grateful that a long time ago Todd decided to take a vacation this week from work. He had a lot of plans for this week, that he has decided to put on hold in order to be home and help me take care of Jonah. He works so hard to help take care of him. I am a lucky woman to have such a great son and such a great husband.
For the last few days, we have been camping out in the living room. We made a bed on the floor, where sometimes all 3 of us slept, and sometimes just Jonah. I don't know what it is about the comfort of our living room that makes it easier to take care of Jonah in the middle of the night. Probably because we are closer to the kitchen to get medicines and bottles, plus more room to move around. As I lay there last night, I began to wonder if this will be our staple ritual each and every time Jonah is sick. Will he be 10 years old, and still wanting to make a bed on the living room floor? Maybe it's because I remember all the times I was sick, and my mom making me a bed on the couch. Even when my Grandma and Grandpa watched me on the days I was sick, they would make me a bed on the couch. I guess it runs in the family.
The picture above is of Jonah all cuddled up, watching Barney with Daddy. That kid LOVES Barney, and I must say, he's really not that bad. He teaches good lessons that all revolve around love. And Jonah just adores Barney's calming voice. So, I guess the big purple dinosaur is a winner in my book as well.
post signature

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Aw- so glad to hear this and to see smiles! And yes- what a good thing Todd has been home to help this week!

Steph

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's getting a little better. So nice to have the hubs home to help you! When I had SlowMo, I was determined not to let her watch Barney...and she loved him!! So be it! Like you said, he's not that bad!

Unknown said...

There's nothing *bad* he's just so freaking annoying!

So glad Jo Jo's getting better. Too cute about the living room floor bed...I'd love to do stuff like that but I have such rigid little tyrants. ;)