Sunday, March 23, 2008

And then he was 1.

It's been quite a long day. I t began with the 5 of us waking up at about 7:30am (yes, I said 5...that's Todd, me, Jonah, Omelette, and Chester...Abby is the smart cat, she has learned to stay out of a packed Queen size bed). And 7:30am is later for us. Jonah usually has us up about 6, so I was grateful for the additional sleep. And after the kind of week we've had, a good night's sleep (that means getting up less than 5 times and Jonah refraining from a full-blown crying fest at 2am) was much appreciated. I rushed to get everything together for the last minute preparations for Jonah's birthday party. We got to the pizza place about an hour before the party was scheduled to start and got the place all decorated and situated. The guests started to arrive around 12:30 and we got to eating by 12:45pm. The pizza was good, and it was great to have most of our friends and family there. Jonah enjoyed his 10 pound vegan smash cake, and when I get the pics (i was too busy to take any myself), I will definitely post them for all to see.

So, after this long long day, I am going to bed. Reminiscing about Jonah's first year of life on this planet. And thinking about all we have been through, but most of all...that this is just the beginning. One year down and a whole lot more to go!

Happy Birthday Jojo. I can't believe it was a whole year ago when you arrived. You are my life and I love you more than you'll ever know.


post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great party! Your hard work was apparent, we were all impressed. The boys LOVE the Clifford stuff and balloons.

That pic is adorable, it looks like he's covering the family jewels on purpose! ;)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Yes, there is so much more to come. Hey, you throw a great party, lady! I had such a good time!

Steph

Carrington said...

Oh my goodness, I love that picture! What a cutie! I hope you had a great time celebrating your BIRTH day! You did an amazing thing one year ago! The party was so fun, and your family was so nice to us! Great party, and I can't wait to see all the pics!

Mimi's Toes said...

What a sweet picture...Now, those are dishes I don't mind washing...LOL. He is a little angel.