Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas and Me

I have officially been tagged by Steph over at Adventures in Babywearing. I am supposed to post 12 Random Things about Christmas and Me, so here they are!

1. When I was a kid, I saw the elves filling our stockings on the night before Christmas Eve (really, I did....there were three of them, standing on each other's shoulders so they weretall enough to get to our stockings!). At our house (and when I was young, I thought this was just how everyone did it), the elves came to our house the night before Christmas Eve and filled our stockings. So on Christmas Eve morning we "opened" our stockings, then Christmas Eve night Santa came and we got our presents from him on Christmas morning.

2. On Christmas Eve in 2004, I got a speeding ticket. What a crappy Christmas present.

3. On Christmas Eve, after the midnight church service (that really starts at 11pm) at Todd's family's church, we always open presents and end up being up until like 3am! This Christmas I think will be different now that Jonah is part of the family.

4. My mom used to wrap the 3 kids (me, my sister, and my brother) presents in 3 different kinds of wrapping paper and didn't put names on them. It was torture for us to see the mounds of presents, but have no idea what wrapping paper went with what kid!

5. I am so excited to have Jonah here to celebrate Christmas with and give him far more presents than he actually needs.

6. I like how Target is open until 11pm during the Christmas season, just in case I need anything at almost any hour of the day.

7. Ever since we got the cats, we have always bought them Christmas presents as well as filled their stockings with goodies. I even sign their names to the Christmas cards (that I still have to send out!!!)

8. I love the "smell" of Christmas. And everytime I have a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone, I say "This tastes like Christmas".

9. We did not decorate or put up a Christmas tree last year because we were in the middle of packing for the big move into our new house.

10. As long as I can remember, when my mom and my siblings (and significant others) get together to celebrate Christmas we watch "A Christmas Story". It is a classic in our house. We sit around, rewinding, and quoting the movie all day long....."You'll shoot your eye out!". My mom used to always read us the book "The Polar Express" too. We have since lost that tradition sadly. But I think maybe we will start that one with Jonah by reading it to him on Christmas Eve.

11. The cats love to eat and sleep and lounge and play in the christmas tree. I mean, love it!

12. When I was a kid, I wrote letters to Santa and left them with the milk and cookies for him. One Christmas, he even wrote back! I can't remember what was written, but I can see it perfectly in my mind. I even used to leave carrots and celery for the reindeer. See! I was an animal lover from birth!!!

That's my Random Christmas Facts. What about you?

I tag Arianne at To Think Is To Create!

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Ha- those are great things. Love the cat picture. So cute! I can't wait to meet your kitties some day. That is such a great idea about the different wrapping paper... giving me ideas!

Steph

Unknown said...

that pic makes me miss my kitties! i'll post this tomorrow, i got tagged by someone else too!

Life With All Boys said...

I do the 3 different kinds of wrapping paper too. Only I still put their names on them. Maybe I shouldn't. And that is the cutest picture.

Unknown said...

That picture is so wonderful...it could be published! You left food for the reindeer? That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

You saw the elves???? I love the idea of different paper for each kid! What a great idea, maybe I'll start doing that!