Sunday, February 11, 2007

About Me

Email me: mommyinstincts@gmail.com


Who am I? Hey, I’m Jen. I live in northwest Indiana, but I do love me a good day in the city (Chicago ~ yeah, that’s what we Indiana folk call Chicago). I am 30 years old and have been blogging since 2007. I am constantly working on improving myself and my knowledge of the blogosphere. If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with me, please send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.


I am married to the love of my life Todd, and fully accept that I am his second love. His love of Ohio State University and everything it encompasses far exceeds any love he could give an actual human being, in a strange, kinda good way.

I have two kiddos. The two souls on this planet that make my entire world go ‘round and give me the air that I breathe. You’ll find most of what I write about pertains to life with them, or anything that may be a direct result of their actions (my sanity). Without them, I would be a far worse person and life would not be worth living.

Jonah is my 3 year old ball of energy. He’s a back-talker, runner of the house, hates to sleep, loves chicken nuggets and the Fresh Beat Band, Mickey Mouse is his idol, favorite number is 5, brownie eating, guitar playing, dancing fool who loves to sing and play Beatles Rock Band.

Lily is my 1 year old drama queen who adores her brother like he is the only person worth looking at on this entire planet. She likes to complain, wears dresses 99% of the time, puts food in her hair, plays with her dollhouse and medicine droppers, loves Yo Gabba Gabba and seeing other baby’s laughing and smiling (have you seen the Baby Faces iPhone app?!).

Where can you find me?Twitter: Mommy Instincts
Photography Site:
Flickr:

What makes me tick? My friends, my kids, my husband, my cats, blogging, writing, Twitter, cloth diapers, taking pictures (Sony a300), editing pictures (www.picnik.com), a clean house, crisp bed sheets, all natural health and food products (www.hylands.com), tortellini, handmade products, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha’s, the smell of new carpet, crafts with my kids, hanging out with my mom, hot showers, j. crew chinos, White Sox baseball, a great purse, toys NOT made in China, organic clothing for my kids, a phenomenal Genius playlist on iTunes that makes me think, 2 kids napping simultaneously.

What’s this blog about? I am proud to be a Mommy Blogger. Yes, I said it. PROUD! I write about my kids. I write about my day (with the kids). I write about feeling crazy (because of the kids). I write about products (mostly for the kids, but some for me too!). I post pictures (of the kids). What you see is what you get. MY passion is my kids, and the well-being and education of ALL kids.

Ideal date night? Let’s switch gears, I LOVE my kids. But yes, all mama’s need a break. So if I were to have a night off with the hubby, I’d love to go to Chicago, hit up my favorite restaurant, Flat Top Bar & Grill, and then go to the Park West for an amazing, intimate, up close and personal concert. Followed by a walk on the lake and a visit to a Starbucks before heading home to the kiddo’s, who I most definitely missed beyond words could explain.

Favorites? Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers, Bamboo Bums and Green Acre Design’s hemp inserts, Charlies soap, Nellie’s dryer balls, Method foaming hand soap, Hyland’s Natural Remedies, Avent BPA Free Bottles, Tommee Tippee sippy cups, Seagate external hard drive, iResq services, Picnik photo editing website, Twitter, Blogger, Etsy.

Will you review my product/service? Head on over to my PR, Advertising, and Product/Service Review Page for more info on that!
Can I sponsor you? Maybe. There are a plethora of conferences and business opportunities that could very well involve the relationship between myself and a company. Head on over to my PR, Advertising, and Product/Service Review Page for more info on that!
Will you put my button on your blog? Maybe. But I must warn you. I will only promote companies and products that really hit home to me. Again, more info on this can be found on my PR, Advertising, and Product Review Page.
Affiliates? Cafepress

Credits?

Guest Posts?
Conferences Previously Attended: BlogHer'09

No comments: