Sunday, July 31, 2011

Marie Callender's #under500 meals "Eating on the Go" : Lunch Edition

Ever since the birth of my son (over 4 years ago), I have had to master and perfect the art of "Eating on the Go". Some may call it "Eating Between Feedings" if you have a newborn or "Eating at Naptime" if you have toddlers or lately, I have been calling it "Eating between Arguments" since my two kiddos seem to be at each other's throats more often than not (ok, maybe that's not totally true, but some days.....it is!)

I have often found myself creating a "meal" (and I use this term very lightly) of cookies and milk, french fries, or hostess cupcakes. AH! I know! But who has time to eat something that takes time to prepare, particularly a lunch!? I will often do this when the kids are eating their lunch, but more often than not, I do it after they go down for their naps. In my house, if I do not precisely read my children's minds, I quickly find we are running late getting to lunch, which ultimately forces nap time to run late. And no one, I mean NO ONE, wants nap time to run late, because an overtired kid RARELY goes down for a nap easily.

I have a daily list of jobs I need to accomplish in the 1-2 hours my kids are sleeping in the afternoon (laundry/cleaning/writing/etc...), so during nap time, it is MY time.


Marie Callender's has made it easy to make that time MINE again, without indulging in a super-unhealthy meal. With over 30 available options that are ALL under 500 calories per meal, I am able to pop a meal in the microwave and in about 5 minutes, I have a hot and yummy meal waiting for me, while I spend those 5 minutes cleaning up the kids lunch. It's a total win-win!

This week, I tried out the Honey Mustard Chicken Complete Meal, that came with sweet potatoes and a mixed veggie side. I'll be honest,  I have never expected too much from a microwaved meal. And I also, never really expect it to taste too good either. But Marie Callender's did not disappoint. It was absolutely delicious and at only 330 calories for an entire meal, I didn't feel like I'd have to 'squeeze' into my clothes the next day.


Here's a little secret: If you go to the Marie Callender's website, you can print out a "$1.00 off 3 meals" coupon, so you can try them out for yourself! Awesome right?

Be sure to check back with me next week, when I will share more on Marie Callender's and their #under500  meals!

Full Disclosure: I am working with Marie Callender's and The Motherhood on this project and am receiving a stipend for my review of the products. As always, you can rest assured you will always get a true and honest description of my experiences while reviewing this product, regardless of compensation or products provided. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email.

No comments: