Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not Your Daughter's Jeans Review

Dealing with a post baby body can be a challenge. Not only are our emotions as a new mom (or in my case, now, mom to 2 under 3) completely awry, our bodies have gone in a million directions and as we hate to admit, gravity has started to work against us.

And the thing is, I REALLY loved to shop before I had babies. I loved the feeling of carrying an armload of clothes into a dressing room, and doing the take off-put on-look-turn-stare-“how does this look?” dance with myself (and my hubby if he were so tortured as to have to go with me). Back then, I had a lot more money, a lot more time, and a lot more patience.

Jeans have become my worst nightmare. There are so many stipulations when searching for the perfect jean. I often ask myself questions like “Do they go up high enough on my belly, but not too high?” and “Is the color of the denim dark enough, but not too dark?” and “Is the length ok? Will they shrink too much when I wash them?”. You know, all the typical questions.

I have had many favorites in my days, but I was recently sent a pair called Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (aka NYDJ) to try out, wear about town, and tell ya’ll what I think.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and appearance. I was slightly worried about the name. I can see where the company is going with it, making it clear that they care about the ever changing needs in the clothing department of those of us with “daughters” (not just daughter’s, but you get my drift). There are a number of added perks with these jeans that I have never seen in any other jeans. With their “Lift-tuck” technology that flattens the tummy, contours the hips, and lifts the booty, crisscross stitching and reinforced pockets, all working together to make you look an entire size smaller.

Now, I’m not sure I looked an entire size smaller, but I do think I looked pretty good if I do say so myself. I also felt pretty good too. The front of the jeans were high enough to cover my troubled area, and with a belt looked pretty good. I’m not sure if I would be comfortable wearing them with a shorter shirt or something tucked in, because I am still self-conscious about “looking” like I am wearing Mama Jeans, but I do adore what they do for me in the fit department. They are a great length, so I am not stepping on them, but my ankles aren’t showing. They stretch enough so they don’t feel binding, but aren’t baggy. And regarding the name, the label says NYDJ, so even with a name like Not Your Daughter’s Jeans; no one will know the implications behind the initials. They are an all around genuine and authentic department store quality pair of jeans, well worth checking out.

NYDJ can be found at a variety of locations, such as Nordstrom’s, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, and more.

No comments: