Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Little Bit of Me

Parenting two children at once is a challenge. I am pulled in directions I never knew existed and truly feel like I am doing almost everything on auto-pilot. There are moments when I am positive I have lost my mind. I couldn't imagine if we had any more than the two we have, or some other children than the two we have. The four of us together, are a perfect fit.

We have our ups and downs and inside outs. Times when I find myself doing things I never thought possible.

I love seeing traits of myself in the kids.

Like Jonah and his stubborn bull-headed-ness. When he wants something, he wants it NOW. Not in 5 minutes, not in 5 seconds but NOW. Some may say that is a characteristic of being a toddler, but it also a characteristic of being MY offspring.

And Lily, my little Lily....she is such a sensitive and attached baby soul. She MUST always be in my arms, with a firm grip on the back of my shirt, just to make sure I don't go anywhere without her. She doesn't like loud noises or too much movement and craziness. All signs that she is in fat MY DAUGHTER.

I can't wait to see what happens as the kids grow, and become "children", and "teenagers" and "adults". I am anxious to see what traits of mine and my husband's they pick up on, or which one's they develop all on their own.

I can't wait to see who it is they become.

1 comment:

Nell said...

It is a lot of work. I have 3 now and lose my mind every day. It's a good thing for me, though. I love having 3 and would like 1 more. It is a ton of work, though. I think back to having just one and laugh at how hard we thought it was.

Nell