Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's a Whole Lot of Excitement Going On

Okay...well, it's not the kind of excitement you are thinking...I am still plenty pregnant, with no real signs of Lily showing up any time soon. The excitement I am talking about has to do with a new venture I am going on with my BFF Jaymi (aka FlipFlopMamma) and a few other equally awesome ladies. In due time, I will be able to tell you all about it, so keep your eyes and ears peeled for the news.

And on my own personal successful news, I have recently become a contributor for Blissfully Domestic, an online magazine written by REAL women who are devoted to REAL life. I am currently a Contributor to the Blissful Pets Channel. This is such an exciting adventure for me, because out of the 21 Channels, Blissful Pets is the perfect fit for me. My previous animal rights and welfare work really took me places in my life that taught me so much in so many facets of pets and animals. I am so happy to be able to share that knowledge with others in such a terrific venue. And even more exciting, my very first article has been published over there, 5 Steps to Introduce Your New Baby to Your Fur Baby. Please read it, comment, and let me know what you think!!! You really need to check out Blissfully Domestic if you haven't already, there is such a huge variety of information on so many different topics and areas, you are sure to find something that interests you, too.

And on the baby front...cuz I know ya'll are interested and waiting patiently for that first inkling of when I go in to labor. ;-) I had my 35 week appointment on Monday, where Lily played a bit of a joke on the doctor. You see, usually her heartbeat is so strong and loud that the doctor never has to look around or try to move her to get a good listen. But Monday, she must have been turned a funny way, because he tried to find it...and tried again...and tried again...and nothing. Then she moved a bit and he found it, but it was faint and distant...so he pushed around on my belly a little bit to get her to give him a better listen, then out of no where "BANG!", she hauls off and kicked him, enough to bounce the doppler right off my belly. I laughed and told the doctor "She has a mind of her own already." We both laughed, because as he placed the doppler back on my belly, there it was...her heartbeat, nice and loud and strong. That's my girl. I think she'll be a feisty one.

I can't leave out my Jonah! He is getting so darn big and smart and fun! He can say SO MANY WORDS, so many that I seriously cannot count. He is such a little boy, I can't even rightfully call him my baby anymore. And I know once Lily gets here, he will look even bigger. I love to just watch him play and figure things out. He babbles and you can just see the wheels turning in his head as he contemplates "how" to do something, or "why" it's doing what it is. I couldn't imagine my life without him, he is so amazing, and my reason for getting up each morning. I adore him in a way I never knew possible.

Well, gotta go play with the boy and clean some house on this snowy day off of mine. I want to just enjoy this alone time Jonah and I have right now, because it isn't long now before it will be just the THREE of us.

No comments: