Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Whole Motrin Debacle

Well, Im sure it's not really news to mmost of you out there that read my blog in regards to the Motrin fiasco that went awry over the weekend. If for some reason, you are living under a rock, just google "Motrin Babywearing" and you will see what I mean.

As for me, I decided I wanted to chime in, because that's what a blog is for, right. I will say, I know many of you are SUPER offended, and you have the right to be. The ad was in total bad taste, and with so many of us connecting with the PR/Marketing/Social Media world now, it is hurtful that the work we have done on was overlooked. Not to mention that they obviously somehow skipped over the HUGE portion of mamas (and papas) who call themselves "babywearers" when doing their research for this ad. Personally, I feel as though those PR Big-Wig's over there must have something against babywearing or babywearers in general, because if they were even just impartial to the topic, I just don't think an ad like this would have made it. Maybe they have had bad experiences with slings, or have come across a mama who WAS wearing her baby as a fashion statement. Personally, I think they need to invite some of the expert babywearing mama's over to their corporate office, to give them a real lesson in babywearing.

But, I am not that offended, I personally believe it was a bad choice on their part and they are probably going to see "some" sort of effect in sales. I'm sure it won't be anything that will bring them to their knees or shut them down, though. And in regards to if I will purchase Motrin again in the future, my answer is "yes". And not because I don't care, but because overall Motrin has always worked better for Jonah than Tylenol ever has, and really, I usually buy generic whenever possible, so the odds of me having to buy Motrin is pretty slim. But if it came down to either Tylenol or Motrin, I would choose Motrin, because it is what's best for him.

I'm glad all of you got on this ASAP, becase they needed to hear what you had to say. I am happy to be a part of such a great community of women.


post signature

1 comment:

designHER Momma said...

The blogging response completely amazed me. I am honored to be a part of such a powerful group of Mama bloggers!!!