Tuesday, December 4, 2007

a day to just "chill"

A blanket of peace is currently filling my being right now. Possibly due to the connections I always feel when we get together for Small Group. Maybe it is the serenity of the freshly fallen snow or the significant silence I love to embrace in the darkness during a quiet and beautiful snowfall. Nothing compares to that silence. It is frankly one of the only times I am completely content with the sheer nothingness of the night. The snow makes everything glisten, as if covered with a dusting of glitter. The cool, crisp air fills my nose and my lungs, and I long to breath it in over and over and over. For some reason, the cold of these nights seems to escape me and not restrict me. I wish to put little Jonah in his stroller, and take him on a walk (but he is usually asleep). I cant wait until he is old enough to experience and enjoy the kinds of things that bring me so much joy. I love how the snowflakes sit so gently upon each and every tree branch up and down my street. I love looking at the untouched snow, and being amazed by it and by not wanting to ruin it by stepping on it. It is perfection, in the form of a million little tiny snowflake particles. It is quite amazing really...how snowflakes form. Kind of like the creation of a child. It starts with absolutely nothing, yet forms into something so significant and unique. No two snowflakes are alike, just like no two children are alike. It can really make you step back, and look at a snowflake in a whole new light.

Tomorrow is going to be great, I can just feel it. I am not too stressed out about anything. There is a bit of cleaning that needs to get done, but I am confident I will be able to accomplish that during Jonah's nap time. There are 2 of the 3 bathrooms in the house to clean. I also have some laundry to catch up on (doesn't everyone?), I have some work to do for Mama Speaks, and I am hoping to get to the bank and the library tomorrow as well. Unfortunately, we are expecting some repairmen, again...from Sears. Although this time, I am forcing them to leave the torch outside, whether they like it or not.


Lesson of the day: "It is not my job to judge anyone. If someone is doing right OR wrong, God will be the one to judge them in the end. It's not my place to judge, only His."

No comments: